Earn your Educator Level 1 Certification
Demonstrate your proficiency and get recognized for your expertise with the Educator Level 1 certification.
Follow these steps if you’re ready for the exam
Create an account or log into Kryterion to register for an exam.
Register for your exam inside Kryterion. Exams are available for purchase based on your previous exam attempts. See our FAQ “When can I take an exam again?” for details.
Receive exam credentials
Add email@example.com to your contacts. You'll be invited to take your exam by this email sender when your exam domain is provisioned (this may take up to 24 hours).
Sign in to the certification exam platform with your exam credentials. Please remember that this is an email address ending in @myeducert.org, NOT your Google Workspace or personal Gmail account.
Distinguish yourself as an educator and be recognized for the work you’ve done
Advance in your professional development while validating your proficiency with Google’s tools for the classroom.
Make a bigger impact
Engage and do more with your students through technology.
I’m doing the job that I love and just want to get better at it. Working towards the Level 1 Certification allowed me to gain confidence and an understanding of how to use Google tools in the classroom. It’s definitely changed my behavior and perspective as an educator.Sam Brooks, Personal Learning Coordinator, Cookeville, Tennessee
Not sure if you’re ready for the exam? Here’s ways you can get prepared.
Although it’s not mandatory for the Level 1 certification exam, Fundamentals Training and trying sample questions helps build proficiency and prepares you to take the exam.
Kryterion is the registration platform available to sign up for the Google Certified Educator exams (for Level 1 and Level 2).
- Create a Kryterion account or sign in if you've previously created an account.
- From the home page, select ‘Register for an Exam’
- Select ‘For Educators’ to expand and see the exam options. Select either the Google Certified Educator Level 1 or Google Certified Educator Level 2 exam by clicking on the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- In your Shopping Cart, you can do the following:
- Add / Remove an exam.
- Add a voucher code (if you have one).
- Click the ‘Check Out’ button and complete the required steps to finalize your purchase. You'll receive an email receipt of your purchase. Note - A credit card or voucher code are the only payment methods available.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts. You'll be invited to take your exam from this email when your exam domain is ready (this may take up to 24 hours).
- Look for an email from email@example.com with your exam sign-in credentials. This email will contain your exam username and password in the form of [YourKryterionID]@myeducert.org.
- Sign in to the certification exam in an incognito window with your exam credentials, [YourKryterionID]@myeducert.org, and start your exam. Remember that this is NOT your Google Workspace or personal Gmail account.
Prepare yourself for the certification Level 1 and 2 exams with the Fundamentals and Advanced Training — which covers all the material you’ll need to know.
In order to receive the Google Certified Educator status, you will need to pass the corresponding Level 1 or Level 2 exams. These exams are mostly performance based exams that test you on your ability to use Google for Education tools in a classroom setting. To register for an exam, click here.
Google Workspace certification exams are developed following an internationally accepted development process to ensure validity, reliability, and relevance. The phases of exam development include:
Objective Domain definition - The objectives for the exam are determined based on job-role feedback provided by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) inside and outside of Google.
Blueprint - Each objective is weighted based on its importance to the overall job role.
Item development - SMEs develop exam items based on the exam objectives and blueprint.
Technical review - Each exam item is reviewed to ensure technical accuracy. Reviewers can include Google employees or employees of Partner organizations.
Beta testing - Exam items are delivered to candidates under conditions similar to the final exam when it's published. This allows the performance of each item to be evaluated.
Item selection and cut score setting - Based on statistics gathered during the beta testing, items can be kept for the live exam or rejected. Once the final items are determined, SMEs gather to set the passing score for the exam.
Live - An independent test delivery provider delivers the exam worldwide, anywhere with an Internet connection and a distraction-free environment.